4.04.2008

Interview

As soon as the polygraph was over, around noon, I went to work until 8:00pm. At 9:00pm I went on another ride along with my local Division. It was a routine night, but I loved it. I got lots of good advise about the Interview and tips to impress the board. I had to cut the ride along short at around 3:00am so the Officer took me back to the station and I went home to try and sleep.

I woke up a few hours latter and was at the station a half hour early. New tailored suit, clean shave, shined shoes, and a large energy drink... I was as ready as I could be.

I imaged the interview in a huge room where I stood alone facing a panel of 6 veterans that would take turns drilling me with questions.

Good thing I was punctual because they called me in 15 minutes early. The interview was in an office with two Sergeants, and I got to sit down. I was asked 4 questions that I aced. I answered in a commanding manner and only stuttered twice. Six minutes later I was done, back to the waiting area. When I was called back in the Sergeants told me I was exactly what they were looking for, then they signed my conditional letter of hire. I was in.

Before I left I answered two 500 question psychological tests. All the questions were true/false. Here are some of the memorable ones:
  • Do you like Milk?
  • Do you like to fix door hinges?
  • If you were a painter, would you paint flowers?

No comments: