3.17.2008

Going For It

I've had March 15th, 2008 marked on my calender for more than a month now. I've wanted to take the test for over a year now, but the thought of rejection kept me away. It wasn't so much a fear of failing the "fill in the bubble" part. It was fear of the PAT (physical agility test), that comes on the Saturday following.

Despite the user name I chose for this Blog, I can assure you I am not fat, nor do I resemble a Tony. But I am by no means "in shape." I'm a 21 year old college student, so by default I watch TV, surf the Internet, and lack my fair share of exercises. I didn't play sports in high school, and as my metabolism has begun to wear off, I've developed a nice reserve of stored energy above my belt.

But for the past month I've been eating right, riding my bicycle, playing basketball, doing push ups, and (the dreaded) running. I've made progress, and I have confidence in myself now.

No comments: